Monday, April 2, 2012

I was waiting for so long...

It had been a few years,

All the while she waited in fear,

Worrying if the bullets abound,

Would hit him hard and shoot him down


The infant had now turned one,

Spending time with the mother and none,

Lisping words just out of the blue,

Giving out to her the mystical cues


The morning dawned and yet again,

A telegram lay at her door frame,

Dissonance prevailed in her heart and mind,

She prayed to God, for once to be kind!


Tears of distress rolled down her cheek,

Caressing her toddler, she felt fragile and weak,

She read those words feeling high and low,

Keeping abreast with the thoughts that flowed


The ceasefire is called,

and the war shall be done…

Two more months

and I will be home…

It’s a matter of time,

till then just behold,

I will soon be by your side,

have faith in the One!”


Wondering if ever did her fate went amiss,

Down came her tears of agony and bliss,

Then she wept and wept for so long…

Life for her never seemed like a song…

3 comments:

Prasad Vaidya said...

A song this is
of agony and pain
yet with a touch of
hope and bliss..

Touching are the words
carrying such feelings
Reminding me of all
people whom I miss!

Ameya H Vaidya said...

All I saw was smoke and fire,
I didn't feel a thing;
But suddenly I was rising higher,
And I felt like I just made;
The biggest mistake,
When I thought about my unborn child,
When I thought about my wife ...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWK1sG3spiE&ob=av2e

krist0ph3r said...

took me a second read to understand it... brilliant!!!